Urad Dal is a great source of nutrition to the body. It has rich amounts of protein, carbohydrates, iron and calcium. Eating Urad Dal on a daily basis helps improve and prevent a lot of conditions in our body. Below are some of the major points in which consuming Urad Dal is good for our health:
- Urad Dal helps in preventing heart diseases: As you add Urad Dal in your diet regularly, it helps in reducing the cholesterol levels in the body, thus reducing any effects on the heart. It also contains fiber, low glycemic index and other components that are heart-friendly, which ensures the good health of the heart.
- Urad Dal helps regulate diabetes : Urad dal contains components that help maintain the blood sugar values in the body. It has a high content of fiber and glycemic index which regulates extra sugar levels. It is also very mainly associated with preventing type 2 diabetes.
- To prevent and regulate obesity: As Urad dal contains high protein, lipids, and high nutrition value, it helps regulate and maintain the weight of the body. It helps in easily satiating the body with only a little quantity, due to its high fiber content. Besides this, it also has a lot of nutritional value in it, which is a healthy diet.
- Used as a prebiotic: Urad dal is a great source of prebiotics, by which when you consume, it helps in maintaining the health of the intestines. It has components that stimulate the growth of helpful intestinal bacteria to improve the overall gut health.
- Serves as a great antioxidant: Black grams are rich in polyphenols, which are rich in antioxidant properties. Polyphenols prevent cellular damage and protect the body from diseases caused by long-term and chronic inflammation.